Friday 12 October 2012

The magic of Well-ness

On Thursday the 11th, I was booked in at 11am. I arrived, waited to be seen. Then put through to be admitted, put in one of those backless-wonder gowns then waited on a recliner.

Saw the doctor, the surgeon and the anesthetist. After a wait again I was told that I was going in at 2pm. At 1.40pm I was flushed with an enema and then J was put in scrubs.

J + scrubs = hawt!


I signed to my husbie our "secret" love you gesture then I was operated on.
When they opened me up it was more of a mess than expected, I had cysts, scarring and my pelvic wall was littered with endometriosis. All this was removed, scraped or burnt off.

When I woke, I was totally drugged out of it. I remember seeing J and Steve, and being so glad to see them both but not much else. I was told I talked on the phone to A.T. twice but don't remember that.

I was in a shared room, one other patient... she had some cancerous growths removed and I overheard the doctor tell her they were debating radiation treatment, 5 days a week for 5 weeks... She shared with him that she'd been through that experience when her husband suffered from stomach cancer the year before, she seemed well-versed in the cons of the treatment and maybe a bit stubborn to undertake it herself. Preferring maybe a more natural route to recovery.

She is in my prayers, I hope gets well.

When I woke up again I felt stunningly well considering, I'd suffered chronic pain since I gave birth to Elouise... an oversensitive uterus, constant debilitating cramps, random hemorrhaging, ovarian pain and a constant bowel problem that has plagued me since 2008. Unable to go out spontaneously, without being near a toilet...

All these chronic issues have left me. I think the bowel issue was caused by endometriosis irritating after eating. And all those reproductive issues are now null.

I feel like a new person, on the day after surgery I was up and walking around. I even felt like I could go a round at the gym. I feel so full of beans, so pumped and like I could go out whenever I wanted without a single worry.

I got my catheter removed, my drain-shunt removed [that really hurt] and my IV removed too. I got a couple of anti-clot injections and seeing we live so near the hospital I was allowed home.

My body barely hurts. Much less post-op than when I've had other surgeries. I have a stinging belly button, one of those stitch-like cramps you get from running on my left side and a uncomfortable tightness across my belly like my pants dug in too tight.

I'm keeping up on my meds. Not bending down or picking up anything heavy and I think I may recover faster than expected. I'm keeping active, trying not to sit for long as I'm still wearing anti-clot socks. I walk around the house and am supposed to get at least 1 hour horizontal rest a day to let my body recover through sleep.

I can tell when I overwork myself, eventhough my mind is perky and wants to dance or workout or whatever...I tell it to be happy with minimal walking. Don't want to bust out of my stitches now, do I?

I'm getting my stitches removed on Wednesday, I have 3 entrance wounds and 1 from the drain and stitches from the organ removal but they are fast-healing.

Thankyou everyone for your support, prayers and love.

*-* much love *-*

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis, so glad that you are not in much pain and full of life after the surgery...I hope you recover well...we are all here for you...*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, I'd been wondering if the surgery was endo-related.

    ReplyDelete